T he Erickson & Brown Funeral Home is located in a building that was designed, engineered and built as a state of the art mortuary in 1937. Over the years the architectural design of the exterior has remained as designed. The interior has been updated several times and now contains all contemporary furniture, fixtures and equipment.
There are several features of our building that astound many of our visitors. The building's main floor (the ground floor) contains the mortuary proper. Our arrangement office, chapel, visitation rooms, preparation room and casket selection room are all located on this floor. Our second floor contains our business offices, an employee kitchen and lounge area as well as a two bedroom apartment. The building contains a large basement that is used for general storage. A special feature is our water powered elevator that runs from the garage level to the basement with a stop on the main mortuary level.
Adjacent to the alley is our attached six car garage that houses our funeral car fleet. One of these cars is our semi-retired 1964 Cadillac hearse. During the 2007 Professional Car Society International Meet this car took first place in its division and at the same meet captured the Funeral Directors Choice award. On occasion, families that we serve request that we use “the old coach” to transport their loved one to the cemetery.